QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK A POTENTIAL BENEFIT AUCTIONEER
- How experienced are you in non-profit or school fund-raising auctions?
- How many fund-raising auctions do you conduct each year?
- What percentage of your business is fund-raising auctions?
- Do you have the BAS (Benefit Auctioneer Specialist) professional designation?
- How would you describe your bid-calling technique?
- What was one of the toughest situations you have encountered as an auctioneer – and how was it resolved?
- How do you interact with the crowd?
- What is your Raise The Paddle / Fund-An-Item / Special Appeal strategy?
- Other than night-of auctioneering, what other services do you provide?
- What value can you bring to our event?
- Tell us why your style would be a good fit for our organization.
You may also want to give them some information about a situation that occurred at your event and see how the potential auctioneer would have handled it differently.